Public Health Cannabis and Vaping Summit
January 12-14, 2021
The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH) in partnership with the Nevada Attorney General's Office is hosting a 3-day virtual summit to identify Nevada’s priorities and strategies related to legal adult use, public safety, regulation, prevention, treatment, and oversight of cannabis and vaping products.
Data will be presented, and discussions held, around prevention, treatment, law enforcement/public safety, and regulation for both cannabis and vaping. Presentations and panels on days one and two will focus on the current state of the research and explore emerging and established best practices, preparing attendees to participate in Action Planning workshops on day three.
Welcome and Opening Remarks by Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford
- Gain a better understanding of national and Nevada trends in data
- Learn what/how data and implementation in other states should inform strategies
- Identify effective, audience-specific public health messaging
- Understand how to strengthen regulations informed by national and state lessons learned
- Learn what national consensus organizations and other states recommend related to use of cannabis by pregnant women, youth, and persons with opioid use disorder
- Identify best practices for prevention and treatment for use of cannabis and nicotine products
Who Should Attend
- Healthcare Providers & Public Health Officials
- Substance Use & Treatment Providers
- School Districts
- Youth Organizations
- Regulatory Agencies
- Law Enforcement & Public Safety Professionals
- Policy Makers & Legislators
- Prevention Coalition Partners
- Members of the Public
Save the Date
This event will be held virtually. Further information about accessing this event will be shared upon confirmation of registration.
By participating in the Public Health Cannabis and Vaping Summit, you automatically agree to authorize recording of audio and visual content presented during the live event. You also consent to subsequent retention, use, and online posting of the recording and any content generated by participants during the event, in perpetuity. This recording may include written and verbal content, as well as poll responses, provided by you and attributed to you during the live event. The recording may also include images of you if your camera is activated during any part of the event. If you do not wish to consent to the recording, please do not join the live event, and contact Rota Rosaschi at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your concerns.
Breakout sessions will include content around the following topic areas:
- Cannabis Prevention
- Tobacco Products: Prevention and Treatment
- Cannabis and Vaping: Policy and Regulation
- Cannabis and Vaping: Law Enforcement and Public Safety
- Cannabis and Special Populations
Participants are strongly encouraged to attend as many sessions as possible on days one and two to help prepare them to engage in action planning activities on day three.
Continued Education Information
CEUs will only be offered to participants who attend live sessions; recorded sessions will not qualify for CEUs.
Continued Education Units will be offered for the following boards:
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- Nevada Board of Environmental Health Specialists
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapist and Licensed Professional Counselors
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
- Nevada Board of Nursing
- Nevada Board of Psychological Examiners
- Nevada Certification Board approved for Nevada Certified Prevention Specialists, Peer Recovery and Support Specialists, and Certificated Community Health Workers and Applicants
- Nevada State Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, and Gambling Counselors
- Peace Officer Standard Training